A bit of background:
It's a board game related site, and it will have various features, but one of the center points will be the board game database, and it's connection/integration to other components on the site.
NB: YOU NEED TO HAVE XENFORO 2 CODING EXPERIENCE.
A) Index page.
- Sorting (from the nav bar, will reload the page to re-sort the games).
The games page can easily be sorted by a few main parameters (sub-menu selection for the "Games" tab on navbar) , such as rating, popularity and trending.
Users can then further narrow their selection, by filtering the games in the database, by clicking various options in the sidebar on the index page. For example, avg. user rating (1 star and up, 2 star and up, 3 star and up etc), minimum players, playtime, categories (card game, engine building, RPG etc) etc.
- Table view.
Outputs a nice looking table with the essential information listed there for all (within the filtering parameters, if any) the games. Clicking any of them will bring you to the Game Details page for it.
Displaying a box cover, name of the game, score, player count, playtime etc.
B) Details page.
- Box cover, images (of components, game board etc), the information that was displayed on the index for that game, resources (rules, custom variants etc), vote breakdown and reviews (you can vote for a game, but you can also leave a full review, with text, images etc), as well as linked expansions (expansions will show on main page details page).
At the bottom it will display the forums linked to this game, if any. (this can be linked in ACP).
C) Add Game page.
Admin/user with permission can add a game to the database, filling out the above relevant data. There should be a checkbox for if it's a expansion or main game. If expansion, select what game this is an expansion of, to link them.
- Forums linked to this game (as mentioned above at B) ).
- Images displayed, are fetched from the XF MG official addon. (it will have a own category for the game).
- Resources displayed, are fetched from the XF RM official addon. (it will have a own category for the game).
Hi, I have good experience working with xenforo forum and coding custom addons. I am interested in this project, can we discuss details in conversation? Haseeb